Testimonial: “Easygenerator is a simple tool for anyone to pick up and create their own e-learning content.
“The way we provide training at my company has been transformed. Users are now able to share their knowledge with teams across the organization in an easy, quick and cost-effective way.”
Indeed, by tapping into the unlimited source of hands-on skills and knowledge collectively held by your employees, you have the potential to transform your organization.
But it isn’t just the wider organization that benefits from this type of Employee-generated Learning (EGL). There are many advantages for the subject matter experts (SMEs) who generate the content too, including:
- Deepening their knowledge. Before explaining a concept to someone else, SMEs will often go the extra mile to better understand it themselves. As a result, they naturally expand their existing knowledge and become better at articulating it.
- Establishing themselves as an expert. SMEs help colleagues better understand a particular subject and solve issues by sharing their understanding. It also establishes their status as an expert in their field.
- Increasing their professional value. Peer-to-peer knowledge sharing can dramatically enhance an SME’s credibility and professional value within the organization.
Equipping your employees with the right Employee-generated Learning tools
There are a number of tools available when developing or implementing an Employee-generated Learning program, making it tricky to figure out which tool is best suited to your needs.
We’ve therefore listed a number of essential criteria you need to consider when making that decision, along with examples of how Easygenerator can help you meet them.
- Ease of use and set-up. Easygenerator’s authoring tool is cloud-based which means there are no downloads or plugins required. SMEs can simply access the product on their browser and start using it without the need for a lengthy setup or onboarding process.
- Rapid authoring and ease of use. Our SaaS-based product is designed for SMEs. Features and setup have deliberately been kept simple, which means authors can instantly create content without having to worry about complex design or layout issues.
- Credit and recognition for SMEs. Easygenerator allows SMEs to display their name and a short biography as part of the content they’ve created. This helps them gain professional visibility within their teams.
- Didactic support. Easygenerator’s built-in Learning Objective Maker encourages SMEs to generate the most effective content by helping them create learning objectives in four simple steps based on Bloom’s taxonomy of learning.
- Admin functions, including monitoring and tracking. L&D teams are able to configure courses in a way that allows performance results to be sent to either Easygenerator or their own custom-built Learning Record Store (LRS). This means they can track results without requiring a Learning Management System (LMS). Easygenerator also supports SCORM 2004, TinCan package and LTI.
- Flexible publishing and sharing options across different devices. SMEs can publish courses in the Easygenerator cloud or on the company’s hosting services. They can also choose to upload it to the corporate LMS, embed it on a webpage, or sell it via Coggno. SMEs can, therefore, share their content as widely as possible and achieve greater recognition within their networks.
- Customizable templates which allow for rebranding. Using the Easygenerator tool, L&D teams can create a look and feel which matches their brand without the need for additional coding. A specialist Easygenerator development team works closely with our clients to ensure this runs smoothly.
- Collaborative knowledge creation. Easygenerator allows multiple team members to collaborate on writing a single piece of content. The co-authorship and peer-review options offer great advantages for SMEs and their L&D teams. SMEs can also invite external reviewers to go through the content, even if those reviewers do not have an Easygenerator account.
- Onboarding. Whichever authoring tool you choose, it needs to provide adequate onboarding resources for new users. Easygenerator adjusts automatically to any choices a user has made – offering them the right level of support and instructional material whenever they need it.
- Mobile learning. Easygenerator supports a fully responsive course design, which means content automatically adapts to a particular device and screen orientation. Courses are also instantly compatible with most browsers and devices.
- E-learning expertise. Easygenerator is led by Kasper Spiro, a highly reputable expert in the field of e-learning, social learning and performance support who led the roll-out of Employee-generated Learning in a number of large corporates, including Nielsen, Kellogg’s and T-Mobile. Under his leadership, Easygenerator has received some of the most prestigious awards in the corporate learning world.
Previous blog | Next blog