I’m Keith Whitworth, a co-Author at SociologicalYou at Texas Christian University, United States.
I have taught at Texas Christian University since 1998 within the Department of Sociology and Anthropology, specializing in teaching introductory sociology, sustainability, and the social impacts of technology. In 2016, with a co-author Angela Thompson, Ph.D., we launched an innovative online Introductory Sociology textbook titled SociologicalYou.
Our goals in terms of eLearning are:
- Finding an easy-to-use platform for launching an online textbook
- Going worldwide and increasing the number of students using SociologicalYou every semester to 2000
To fulfill our goals, we’ve chosen Easygenerator as a platform for launching SociologicalYou, and we’re very satisfied with that. Easygenerator lives to its name, it’s easy to use and very intuitive.
So the main benefits of Easygenerator for SociologicalYou are:
- What you see is what you get: from the developer’s perspective, the process of creating the textbook is easy and doesn’t require any preparation or experience in eLearning.
- Excellent communication with the team, quick support.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and responsiveness to the needs of our company. Most of my suggestions are implemented.
- Weekly updates. New features are added frequently.
Easygenerator is very responsive to our needs. I feel like I’ve been listened to and that my suggestions are important. Even if a feature can’t be implemented immediately, it always goes to the list for future consideration. That means a lot to me and to our company.