We have a new version of easygenerator released, it is rolled out to all free edition instances and all subscription instances in the past weeks to enable you to create even better eLearning courses. In this blog we will give you an overview off some of the new elearning authoring software functionalities.
In the previous release all courses had an easygenerator watermark. Your feedback was that that was too much, so we have changed it. It is removed and replaced by a small ‘created with easygenerator logo’ on the bottom of the page. Each page also has the easygenerator logo on the top of the page, but you can replace that by clicking on it and selecting your own logo instead. We also made it possible that you have your own branding implemented, without any easygenerator marks. We can create a ‘master page’ with your own look and feel for USD 500,-. This is a onetime fee and you can use it without limitations. This isn’t automated yet, if you want information, please mail us at [email protected] and we will sent you the information.
New eLearning Authoring Software Functionalities
Some of the changes we implemented are:
- We have added a function to restore your password in the login screen. You can now reset it by yourself. The only condition is that you have added your email address to your account info. If you haven’t done this, please do (menu tools, option accounts).
- The comments pop-up in the external reviewer mode now indicates the title of the page that a reviewer is going to comment.
- The course structure info file now has a .txt extension instead of .xml.
- All output in the published course package is now UTF-8 encoded.
- The cmi.core.session_time variable reporting has been implemented in the SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004 published courses. Now information about time, spent on the separate learner’s attempts, is available to a teacher in LMS.
- Fixed space symbols missing possibility from the questions Feedback texts.
- Fixed easygenerator instance crush possibility, when re-uploading the master page template, which is currently being displayed in the editor.
- Fixed the ‘Text Matching question’ and ‘Drag-and-Drop question’ incompatibility with Flash player v. 11.5 specifics.
And there is more to come. Our next release will be in April. We will convert tree more question types to HTML so they can be used in publications in IOS and android operating systems. The question types are:
Likert question type
Text matching question type
Hotspot question type
These question types will also come available to users of the free edition.
And the April release will have TinCan support. Not just the implementation of the standard, but TinCan with a plus. We announce this later in more detail…..
We did a series of 30 minute introduction webinars for users of the free version. We decided to flip them. The webinar is recorded and you can view the video on our website. We now have ‘Meet the expert’ sessions, usually twice a week. You are free to join and ask us anything about easygenerator. If possible we will show you live how it is done. For an overview of these sessions click here.