There are more than 6000 easygenerator users in 144 countries. As a result, we’ve had frequent requests in the last few months to enable the translation of the default text in easygenerator.
I’m pleased to announce this functionality is now developed.
Now, in the Simple Course template, you can translate all default text elements from English to any language. This is how it works:
- Open the course in easygenerator.
- Go to the design tab
- Choose the template “Simple course’. (For now, the Simple Course template is the only one enabled with the translation option, the other templates will follow.)
- Scroll down and on the right side of the design tab you will find a table (interface language):
- Click on a pencil in the column value and you can change the text.
- Go to the top of the page and press the ‘apply’ button.
A short example
The default language is English. If, for example, I want to change it to Dutch, I just type in the Dutch translation. The second entry is ‘Start Course’. It will be shown in the introduction page of the course.
I type in the Dutch translation (Start cursus), press the apply button and run the course. The button is translated to Dutch. This means you can now translate the course template to any language..
Help us with translation and earn a free one-month subscription!
We are looking for easygenerator users who want to help us create default translations. If you translate the Simple template to your language, we will give you a free subscription to the Plus Edition. Since we only need each language once, we will award this to the first person who responds for each language. We already have English, Dutch, Ukrainian and Chinese (mandarin). All other languages are welcome!
The next step is to make this feature available for the other templates. Then, we will add several default languages from which you’ll be able to choose the language you want, and you won’t need to complete the translation.